New Research Associate Position on Microbial Corrosion
You will use your knowledge in microbiologically influenced corrosion and analytical skills to provide new insights into new and existing research and industry projects. You will also initiate and conduct research in microbiologically influenced corrosion to enable and deliver new scientific discoveries, as well as undertake experimental work and write reports to industry partners, accessing our state-of-the-art world-class facilities.
You will contribute to building an active national research record, prepare findings for oral and written communication including scientific publications, and work closely with the Curtin Corrosion Centre team on multidisciplinary engineering challenges.
A PhD in microbiology, chemical, corrosion, or materials engineering, or relevant discipline to this position
- Experience in microbiologically influenced corrosion (desirable), molecular biology (essential), electrochemistry (desirable), microscopy (essential), and surface analysis (essential).
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct high-quality research both individually and in multidisciplinary teams.
- Industry experience relevant to this position.
- An excellent research record of accomplishment, with the capacity to both lead and enable scientific publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals or journals relevant to microbiology, corrosion, and materials science.
- Demonstrated skills in the coordination of data collection, data entry and analysis using Origin and Excel
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the demonstrated ability to maintain a high standard of laboratory and data record-keeping and a demonstrated ability to meet competing deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with research and technical staff and students and excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with (and or negotiate with) research stakeholders and industry partners.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures, and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position.
- The application closes at 10:00 PM, Monday 1st of August 2022.
How to apply?
If you are ready to join the Curtin Corrosion family, apply here.